What I Read
- I Remember You: A Ghost Story
- The Right Hand of Evil
- House of Ashes
- Christmas With You (will be up on the blog in December)
- The Twelve Slays of Christmas (will also be up in December along with the sequel)
What I Watched
- I am The Pretty Thing That Lives in The House (pass if you can)
- The Conjuring
- Some Doctor Blake Murder Mysteries
- A full 3 Collections of Forensic Files
What I Cooked/Ate
- Chicken Bog – I used a rotisserie chicken instead of boiling mine, but it turned out amazing.
- Cheese Fondue
- I bought a fondue pot for Shane’s birthday even though it’s not until mid-Nov.
- Broth Fondue
- Roughly 7 dishes to use up the leftover dippers from the fondue. Including a pizza topped with all the leftover cheese and veggies. It was delicious.
- Sushi from King Kong Sushi….repeatedly
- Sushi from the grocery store by my house because it’s actually incredibly good.
- Eggs Bennies from our favorite little diner. We go about once a week since they serve b-fast for me and lunch/dinner for Shane when he gets off in the morning.
- An insanely messy meal from Steak ‘n Shake (autocorrect made that Steak ‘n Shame and it’s not wrong).
What I Did
I’m about to be too honest with y’all, but here goes. This month we had a flea invasion (from an untreated puppy). I have spent weeks this month washing clothes then having to wash them again, having a hard time breathing from all the diatomaceous earth we had to put on the carpet, watching Tau to make sure the flea medicine didn’t kill him, washing more clothes/sheets/comforters, and so on and so forth. All while my hands were torn up from flea bites – I have a really bad reaction to them. I literally bandaged my hands and wrists like I had been in a fire so I wouldn’t scratch them. It was a nightmare. It’s been 3 weeks from the first bite and they’re finally fading. BUT there are no fleas in this apartment anymore. If there were, they’d be biting me. I’m a magnet. Tomorrow we get to vacuum up the diatomaceous earth and dust the entire apartment cuz that stuff gets everywhere. Last month was hurricanes, this month was bugs. Next month will be family (I kid, I kid).
10/10 will probably pet the puppy again. After I check that it’s been treated.
I helped a twitter friend’s friend fix a WordPress issue at 11 at night while mostly asleep.
Posted my favorite post of all time
that literally no one looked at, but I’m still super proud of.
Picked Laurie up and carried him a good ways from the bedroom to the couch without getting scratched. He’s a hefty boy and he usually struggles to get away from me so hard that I end up bleeding. He’s mellowing.
I’m glad October is gone and I’m glad I’m starting November by cleaning up the wreckage and getting a fresh start to the month.